[Mailman-Users] New crontab query: senddigests

Savoy, Jim savoy at uleth.ca
Wed Mar 4 00:03:32 CET 2009

>Mark Sapiro wrote:

>The digest messages are accumulated for a list in a mbox format file
>lists/LISTNAME/digest.mbox. When a new message arrives and is added to
>digest.mbox and the size of digest.mbox is now greater than the list's
>digest_size_threshold, a digest is sent at that time for that list,
>and the digest.mbox is removed.

Hmmm. Removed huh? Maybe our digesting situation isn't so healthy
afterall.
I just did a recursive listing of the /lists directory and there are
quite
a few digest.mboxes in there! A lot of them have really old dates on
them,
and NONE of them is over 30K. So I think the problem we have here is
that
our digests ONLY go out when the digest.mbox exceeds 30K, and not
"daily,
regardless of size". Maybe that's where the senddigests cron job kicks
in.

That still doesn't explain why they are all still there and nothing was
delivered when I ran the cron job at 12:48 today...