[Mailman-Users] how to change the List-ID (RFC2919)

IEM - network operating center (IOhannes m zmoelnig) noc at iem.at
Mon Mar 2 17:17:23 CET 2009

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> The only solution that doesn't involve hacking code is to not change
> the host_name of the list, but since the host_name is the domain that
> is exposed in all list email addresses, that is clearly not a
> practical solution.

are there any plans to allow an administrator to set the List-ID in
future versions of Mailman?

i would love to see that.
(that is, it would be sufficient for me to be able to set the listid
(address) part of it)

> Otherwise, you'd need to modify Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py in some
> way.

this is a somewhat unpractical, esp. since (i guess) many people install
mailman via a package-manager and want to stay up-to-date with respect
to bug-fixes,...; hacking the (pre-packaged) code is always a nightmare
in such situations....
however, iirc there was a custom hook support....(?)

mfga,.sdr
IOhannes

--
IEM - network operation center