[Mailman-Users] List serv issue

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 19 18:23:09 CEST 2009

Canadian Defence Lawyers - Enza wrote:

>I'm hoping you can help me. We run a list serve through Mailman

Listserv (and by extension, list serve) is not a generic term. It is a
registered trademark that belongs to a Mailman competitor. See
<http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/trademark.asp>.

>and some
>of our recent emails have this message:
>

>An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

>Can you explain what this is, why it's happening and what we can do to
>prevent the scrubbing of future emails?

This will always be the case for messages in the list's archive and for
'plain text' format digests.

If you are seeing this in individual messages from the list and/or in
'MIME' format digests, you need to set scrub_nondigest to No. You will
find this setting on the web list admin "Non-digest options" page.