[Mailman-Users] Can I enforce secure admin passwords?

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Tue Jun 16 05:22:39 CEST 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 4:33 PM, Kirke Johnson wrote:

> What is bothering me is list owners who want to use their initials
> or the list name as list owner passwords. I feel like kind of a
> sitting duck when we can't see the passwords they have chosen and
> have no way to enforce decent choices.

This isn't a mailman problem as you well know.  And I don't think that
the solution is to have mailman test for weak passwords.

The real, long term solution is to encourage people to use good
password management systems.  The best password management system I've
seen is sadly OS X only: 1Password.  But there are also the password
management systems built into web browsers, which are better than
nothing.

-j