[Mailman-Users] Approve all held?

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Fri Jun 12 20:20:01 CEST 2009

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Alexx wrote:
>> how could I approve all messeages (around hundred of'em) held for
>> moderation due to one reason or another? I could manually approve some
>> of them with "confirm in subject and approved:password message", but
>> there are PLENTY of old  ones held for more than 3 days in queue.
>>
>> I suppose it has to be done via /bin/withlist and a script, or is
>> there another solution?
> Assuming the admindb web interface is working, you could go there and
> approve the posts.

And if you want a script to work with that, here's one I wrote for
greasemonkey (a firefox add-on that lets you script parts of your
interface).  You'll have to alter the @include line so it contains your
own site address.  This would probably work better as a bookmarklet, if
someone wants to convert it.

You'll still have to click "submit" yourself (which gives you a chance
to review if you want) but it will move all the defaults to be "accept"

// ==UserScript==
// @name           Approve all Mailman posts
// @description    Terri Oda's lazy way to approve all postings
// @namespace      http://terri.zone12.com
// @include        http://mailman.linuxchix.org/mailman/admindb/*
// ==/UserScript==

var inputs = document.getElementsByTagName("input");

for (var i=0; i < inputs.length; i++){
	if(inputs[i].type == 'radio' &&
		inputs[i].name.indexOf("senderaction-") == 0 &&
		inputs[i].value == 1){
		inputs[i].checked = true;
	}
}