[Mailman-Users] issues with having www on address

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jun 12 20:17:16 CEST 2009

Mitch Gore wrote:

>I have my mailman set up and its working.  I have one small issue left.
>
>If i goto http://mysite.com/mailman/admin/ I see all my lists.
>
>but if i goto http://www.mysite.com/mailman/admin i see all but 2 lists.

This is because all but two of your lists are "in" the www.mysite.com
domain and the other two are "in" the mysite.com domain. The fact that
the www.mysite.com lists appear on the mysite.com overview is actually
a bug <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/342162>

>In my mm_cfg.conf file I have:
>
>DEFAULT_URL_HOST   = 'www.mysite.com'
>DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'info.mysite.com'
>
>removing the www from the default url host doesnt seem to fix anything.  is
>there a way  i am suppose to handle these differant URL's?

To understand why changing mm_cfg.py alone is not effective, see the
FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9>.

In your case, if you have only the two domains and want to see all
lists on the overview regardless of which URL you use, set

VIRTUAL_HOST_OVERVIEW = Off

in mm_cfg.py. Otherwise, the above referenced FAQ explains hou to run
fix_url to put all lists in the DEFAULT_URL_HOST domain.