[Mailman-Users] Migration to new server, new domain name

Duane Winner duane at duanewinner.net
Tue Jun 9 17:33:11 CEST 2009

Hello,

Can anybody point me to a document or explain to me what is necessary to
complete these steps?

We have a mailman server hosted on a FreeBSD box and need to migrate it an
Ubuntu box and change domain names on all the lists.

We have several dozen lists, all under the "foo.org" domain. We need to
change "foo.org" to "bar.org"

The current "mail.foo.org" server on FreeBSD is getting long in the tooth,
and we need to move anyway to Ubuntu. So I need to set up a new Ubuntu
server w/ Postfix, Mailman and Apache and call this server "mail.bar.org"
and this will be the MX server for "bar.org".

For each *@foo.org list, I need to move it to the new server, and it's
archives to mail.bar.org and that list will be called *@bar.org

But I also want to be able to protect users with forwarding.....if they
still send mail to their old respective *@foo.org list, how do I configure
to foward and process to the new *@bar.org list?

Thanks in advance for any links, docs, or advice.

DW