[Mailman-Users] How to set up notificationsforMembershipManagement?

Chris Nulk CNulk at scu.edu
Wed Jun 10 00:47:45 CEST 2009

I am not asking for nor suggesting any changes but it might be easier for Ulf (if he is doing the mods) to use a bit mask.

Have the admin notify option use the following bits for differentiating between the subscribes and unsubscribes:

0x00: no notifications
0x01: notify subscribes
0x10: notify unsubscribes
0x11: notify both

In the code instead of looking for a yes/no/true/false, look for the appropriate bit.

Just my take (FWIW),
chris

Ulf Dunkel wrote:

>So wouldn't it be a good idea to introduce separate settings for both
>welcome and goodbye events, e.g.
>- admin_notify_subscribes
>- admin_notify_unsubscribes

Mailman already has too many settings and options. I don't think it is
a good idea to add more, unless there is a clear demand.

I think (no evidence - just a guess) that as many people would think
this should be one option as would think it should be two.

>Should I write a feature request for this?

You are of course welcome to submit an RFE, but unless there is a
large, positive response, you probably won't see it implemented.