[Mailman-Users] moderated subscription?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jun 6 08:03:47 CEST 2009

Karlis Repsons wrote:

>Hello there,
>somebody please tell me, how can I make a list subscription moderated, so only
>approved people can post, but no moderation is required then?

Set Privacy options... -> Sender filters -> default_member_moderation
to Yes

Under Membership Management... -> Membership List -> Additional Member
Tasks -> Set everyone's moderation bit, including those members not
currently visible, select On and click set.

Then on the Membership List, uncheck the "mod" box for those you want
to allow to post without moderation, but be aware that these addresses
can be easily spoofed. See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/XIA9>
for a better way.