[Mailman-Users] Getting a reason in a reject

Ed's Shop shop at justbrits.com
Sat Jun 6 05:18:53 CEST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernie Cosell [mailto:bernie at fantasyfarm.com]
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2009 5:30 PM
To: mailman-users at python.org
Subject: [Mailman-Users] Getting a reason in a reject

I'm clearly confused and doing something stupid wrong.  I periodically go
to the admin panel and deal with the 'defer'ed messages.  Usually I start
with "discard all messages marked defer" and then go through and either
reject or accept the ones that aren't spam.  My problem is that in the
display it correctly lists the *reason* why the message got trapped, but
when I just set 'reject' and tell it to go "do it", the reject message
ends up looking like:

Your request to the XXX mailing list

    Posting of your message titled "Whatever"

has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
following reason for rejecting your request:

"No reason given"
--------------------

A double question:
1) why didn't it give as the reason the reason that was *there* (in this
case, non-member submission to a restricted list),

and 2) if it doesn't do that automatically, where can I put in a reason --
I don't see a spot in the web form for putting *in* a reason.

Thanks!
  /Bernie\
mailto:bernie at fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA

Bernie, as I just tried your "test", am I correct that you have
a cPanel install of MM (reason I ask is that the reply you got
IS exactly what I got with several Lists of mine) ???

Ed
Please visit MY site at:
www.justbrits.com