[Mailman-Users] Can I enforce secure admin passwords?

Kirke Johnson kjohnson at pcc.edu
Wed Jun 3 23:33:32 CEST 2009

We took care of the clear text transmissions, I believe. One of the
first things we did with Mailman was to make sure all web activity
uses https. Similarly, we use SSL for email server authentication and
mail transfer security.

What is bothering me is list owners who want to use their initials or
the list name as list owner passwords. I feel like kind of a sitting
duck when we can't see the passwords they have chosen and have no way
to enforce decent choices.

Thanks for your interest and thoughts as to how Mailman might be
enhanced in this area!