[Mailman-Users] Missing confirmation requests and held messages

Gregory Skelton gskelton at gravity.phys.uwm.edu
Fri Jul 31 19:40:58 CEST 2009

Hi All,

I'm kinda new to the administrating mailman lists, and I've recently run
into a problem with our current setup. We have multiple list, all the data
is mounted over nfs, and we're seeing missing emails. For instance, we've
had some users try to subscribe to a list but don't get a confirmation
email, other times we're seeing "held" messages no show up in the qeue for
the administrator to authorize them. This is starting to become a real
problem for our scientific colaboration, and I need to get it fixed soon.

We're running mailman 2.1.9, and sendmail sendmail-8.13.8-2 on a Centos
5.2 system.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem?

Thanks,
Gregory

I've ran check_perms script, and it gave me this output:

Warning: Private archive directory is other-executable (o+x).
          This could allow other users on your system to read private
 	archives.
          If you're on a shared multiuser system, you should consult the
          installation manual on how to fix this.
No problems found

And running check_db -a -v

I noticed most of mailing list are ok, but found a few list that have this
problem.

List: lalsuite-commits
    /var/mailman/lists/lalsuite-commits/config.pck: okay
    /var/mailman/lists/lalsuite-commits/config.pck.last: okay
     [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/var/mailman/lists/lalsuite-commits/config.db'
     [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/var/mailman/lists/lalsuite-commits/config.db.last'