[Mailman-Users] Help!! Spam Flood!

Stefan Förster cite+mailman-users at incertum.net
Wed Jul 22 10:02:35 CEST 2009

* Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:
> There are many tools available for dealing with spam at this level that
> are much more effective than Mailman is.

Since I've read this several times in the past months, it makes me
wonder if it is planned to drop some of the content filtering features
that mailman provides in MM3.

I really hope that MM3 will continue to provide at least the
possibility to cut some unwanted attachment types, ignore the HTML
part of a mail and so on.

I totally agree that spam prevention is a much more suitable task for
a MTA or a dedicated content filtering framework like amavisd-new, but
I think that some minimal filtering functionalitiy should be retained
in MM3.

Cheers
Stefan