[Mailman-Users] "We hit a bug" page

Remco Poelstra remco at beryllium.net
Wed Jul 22 09:05:58 CEST 2009

Mark Sapiro schreef:
  > This won't work. Your Mailman group is 'list'. With suEXEC, your
> wrappers cannot be SETGID, thus Apache must invoke them as group
> 'list' and this must also be the group that the wrappers expect to be
> invoked as. I.e. --with-cgi-gid=list
>
> If you want to actually create and use lists, --with-mailhost and
> --with-urlhost need to be fully qualified domain names, not
> 'localhost. You can fix this after the fact by setting
> DEFAULT_URL_HOST and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST in mm_cfg.py followed by
>
> VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
> add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
>
> If you're looking at /var/lib/mailman/logs/error (based on your
> configure command) and it is empty or non-existent, fix permissions so
> your web server can create/write it.
>
> Alternatively, you can modify /var/lib/mailman/scripts/driver and change
>
> STEALTH_MODE = 1

> STEALTH_MODE = 0

Hi,

Thanks for the tips. Since I had to recompile to get the cgi-gid
correct, I also directly fixed the hostname flags, just to save myself
some trouble later on. Now I also instantly got some working logs files,
so it was all very close related.
General note: Maybe it would be nice if Mailman would not say `We hit a
bug`, since that´s not really correct, but say more something like
´permission error´.

Regards,

Remco Poelstra