[Mailman-Users] Word Wrap

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Sun Jul 19 20:55:29 CEST 2009

Adrean Clark wrote:
> Mailman seems to be wrapping my email text automatically-- I have sent
> email messages unwrapped from both Gmail and SquirrelMail and I still get
> my emails back through the list with word wrap.  The line width is the
> same as when seen in the post authorization window (moderation is set to
> on).  This is frustrating because it breaks long URLs and has ugly line
> breaks when other people read our messages in other email programs such as
> pagers, etc.

Are the messages being sent in HTML?  I never seem to have this trouble
with plain-text emails, but the HTML conversion on my lists will
sometimes result in weird formatting on messages sent originally in HTML.

The best way to fix it is to not send HTML messages, but it may be
easier to disable Mailman's HTML-to-plaintext translation depending on
your users.

  Terri