[Mailman-Users] archive problem

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jul 18 01:23:17 CEST 2009

c cc wrote:

>I have moved many lists from an old mailman (2.0.8) to a new mailman
>(2.1.9). Everything seems to be working fine except the archives. I
>could see the old archives, but the new archived wouldn't show up on
>the web page unless I run the arch script. Does anyone know how to
>solve this problem? Thanks!

What's in Mailman's error log?

It appears that archived messages are being stored in the
archives/private/LIST.mbox/LIST.mbox file but not being added to the
pipermail (HTML) archive until you run bin/arch. Thus, some
error/exception is occurring during archiving probably related to
permissions since bin/arch works. There should be information in
Mailman's error log about these failures.