[Mailman-Users] one list stopped sending messages

Mustafa Akgul akgul at Bilkent.EDU.TR
Mon Jul 13 21:40:16 CEST 2009

> Mustafa Akgul wrote:
> >
> >I have  mailman 2.1.9 running on  Mandriva 2008.0 , Postfix
> >(2.6.22.19-desktop-2mdv)
> >
> >I have above 20 lists.  All are working except one; which oldest and
> >most active.
> >
> >postfix delivers to mailman with  post  option.
> >
> >I can't find any errors  /var/log/mail
> >and /var/log/mailman
>

> Do you mean you can't find Mailman's log files or you can find the logs
> but they contain no errors?
>

> >There are no  list specific  lock  files under
> >/var/log/mailman/locks
>

> That seems a really strange place for Mailman's locks directory.
>

> >Any suggestions, ideas ?
>

> Do the messages get archived? Can you access the list's admin and
> admindb web interfaces?
>
> Find Mailman's logs and locks. The locks/ directory should contain at
> least the master-qrunner locks "master-qrunner" and
> "master-qrunner.HOST.PID".
>
> The logs directory contains several logs and "post" and "smtp" at least
> will have timestamps reflecting the most recent post to any list.
Thanks.  My message  , for some reason,  was distributed, a few
days later. I did delete and recreated  the problematic list,
and it worked.

Before that,  I  tried hard. But could not locate the problem.
I  checked  /var/log/mailman, it did not help.
/var/lib/mailman/locks  contained  only  2 lock for mailman
master-qrunner.  Messages was not archived.
I could access  admin and admindb  interfaces

Best regards
Mustafa Akgul