[Mailman-Users] Rewriting or identifying late bounces

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Thu Jul 9 00:30:40 CEST 2009

on 7/8/09 11:56 AM, Stefan Förster said:

> Bummer. There is no way to implement that, our mailing list server is
> already suffering from too much traffic, it's quite old hardware,
> after all.

Take a look at the stuff on "performance tuning" in the FAQ.  Even
really old hardware can perform amazingly well, if it's tuned correctly.
  I guarantee that you would be astonished at what I can achieve with an
ancient Compaq Pentium-133 laptop with 64MB of RAM and a 10GB hard drive
(upgraded from 1GB).

If you've already done as much performance tuning as you can do, then
obviously you're not going to squeeze any more blood out of that turnip.
  But I would suggest that you familiarize yourself with these sections
to make sure that you're actually doing as much as you can.