[Mailman-Users] Customizing Special Addresses -request, -bounce, etc.

Lawrence Chan lchan at indigocube.net
Mon Jul 6 17:17:40 CEST 2009

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Lawrence Chan wrote:
>
>> How can I customize Mailman's special addresses?  It seems like it uses
>> listname-request, listname-bounce, etc..  I'd like to use my own.  For
>> example, if my listname is list_domain.tld and my virtual and alias
>> mappings are list-request at domain.tld to list-request_domain.tld to
>> |/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request list-request_domain.tld, I want
>>

> Do you mean "|/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman request list_domain.tld"

Yes.

>> Mailman to respond with list-request at domain.tld instead of
>> list_domain.tld at domain.tld.
>>

> Is this cPanel? If so, see <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9>.

This is not cPanel.  I'd like to have certain functionality (mainly 1-3)
in the FAQ.  For 1 in the FAQ, I use virtual aliases.  For 2 and 3, I
can just follow the listname_domain.tld convention.

> In any case, I don't understand what you mean by "I want Mailman to
> respond with ...". Please clarify.

When Mailman replies, for example to listname-request at domain.tld and
subject help, it uses listname_domain.tld-bounces at domain.tld as From.
It uses listname_domain.tld-[request, owner, etc.] in the links in the
body.  How can I make Mailman reply without the _domain.tld in its
headers and links in the reply messages?