[Mailman-Users] Introduction and Question

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jan 31 19:29:55 CET 2009

Ali Savas wrote:

>I want to configure Mailman on my virtual server. I have installed Mailman
>on Debian 4.0 etch. I configured Mailman too, but Mailman can send E-Mails
>and I not. Is there a step by step documentation for installing and
>configuring Mailman in German? Thanks.

I'm not aware of any German language installation documentation.

If I understand you correctly, Mailman is sending things like
subscription confirmations and other notices, but attempts to post or
otherwise send mail to Mailman fail. If this is the case, there is
some issue with your MTA setup or possibly DNS.

Have you installed aliases for your Mailman lists?

Is there an A record and/or an MX record pointing to an A record in DNS
for your server name?