[Mailman-Users] Custom key/values in auto-responses

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Sat Jan 31 16:56:12 CET 2009

Vish Vishvanath wrote:

>Running my second install of Mailman, going well, v 2.1.11 on BSD 7.0,
>and wondering how to add custom key into welcome messages.
>Essentially, I need to add a download link into the welcome emailer,
>but it needs to have the email of the recipient inserted into it -
>it's a one-time expiring download thank you (of my photographs,
>actually.)

The welcome message is built from the subscribeack.txt template which
can be edited via the web admin "Edit the public HTML pages and text
files" link or according to the information in the FAQ at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/jYA9>.

Normally, the only replacements available for a template without
modifying the code that uses it are the ones used in the base
template, but in this case, there is an additional %(user)s
replacement available which will receive the user's email address.

If you actually wanted to add a custom key/value for this template,
you'd have to modify the code in the definition of the
SendSubscribeAck() method in Mailman/Deliverer.py.