[Mailman-Users] config.pck get changed back from correct values...

john espiro john_espiro at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 30 07:42:31 CET 2009

OK - cgi-bin folder has the SETGID bit set correctly.

The only thign I need to do to make it work, is to set the config.pck file to webadmin:mailman, otherwise I get the following in the error log:
   admin(17440): IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/lib/mailman/lists/MYLIST/config.pck'
BUT Apache is running with suexec.

Is there a way to get mailman to work with Apache suexec?

John

________________________________

Which should not be necessary. owner shouldn't matter. Only group
matters in a properly configured Mailman installation.

If the files in cgi-bin have permissions as above, and the
subdirectories of lists/ have group and permissions like

[mark at sbh16 ~]$ ls -l lists/
total 28
drwxrwsr-x 3 root   mailman 4096 Jan 29 03:30 century-announce
drwxrwsr-x 2 root   mailman 4096 Jan 29 03:30 gpc-century

then the web interface should work.

>I am running APache, if that helps.

Are you running Apache with suEXEC? If so, you will probably have
issues because the suEXEC security strategy is in conflict with
Mailman's security strategy.