[Mailman-Users] Moving a List

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri Jan 30 18:07:41 CET 2009

Jeff Bernier wrote:

>... but when I look in the mailman/data directory, I cannot identify any files or directories relating to my ONE list. I am concerned that if I copy the entire contents of mailman/data to the new server, I will break something.

Don't copy anything from mailman/data. The only things there that might
be relevant to your list are held messages (heldmsg-listname-nn.pck
files) which are best to deal with before moving, and maybe aliases if
you have Postfix integration.

I forgot to mention aliases in my prior reply, but depending on the MTA
on the new server, you may need to create aliases for the new list. If
you have Postfix integration, just run 'bin/genaliases' after moving
the list. If your aliases are manual, you'll have to manually add
aliases for the moved list.