[Mailman-Users] List-to-list email?

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 29 19:07:53 CET 2009

Jan Steinman wrote:

>Sorry if this is a FAQ -- I have done a bit of searching first.
>
>How can I allow one list to send mail to another list? I have the
>sending list mentioned as a non-list authorized sender to the
>receiving list, but it always queues it up for admin approval.

What address is the "non-list authorized sender". It needs to be the
LISTNAME-bounces or possibly the VERPd LISTNAME-bounces address, and
even this will only work if USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER = Yes in mm_cfg.py.
Otherwise, you have to make the address a member (with delivery and
password reminders disabled).

If the message is being held on the receiving list for "implicit
destination" you have to add the address of the sending list to
acceptable_aliases of the receiving list.

If the above doesn't explain it, what is the reason the message is held?

Search the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/AgA3> for "umbrella".