[Mailman-Users] Email Forwarding Service

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Thu Jan 29 01:27:42 CET 2009

Grant Taylor writes:
 > On 01/28/09 10:31, Jeff Bernier wrote:
 > > Does anyone know what would be a good solution for an email
 > > forwarding service?

 > I'm not sure that the Mailman Users mailing list is the best place to
 > discuss this.

It's not.  Since deploying in-house is mentioned as an option, you
could just use the forwarding options of $MTA_DEVIL_YOU_KNOW,
supported by some scripting and/or suid voodoo as necessary.  I would
suggest the support channels of $MTA_DEVIL_YOU_KNOW as a better place
to ask.  They would also be the likely place where people who build
such applications (if there any exist, I don't know) would gather to
request features, bug fixes, and general advice.

AFAIK Python has no "MTA management" modules, although you might try
the Cheeseshop (PyPI or whatever it's called nowadays) if
implementation language is what led you to Mailman.