[Mailman-Users] non-subscriber managed to post to a subscriber only list

Steve Lindemann steve at marmot.org
Mon Jan 26 22:34:00 CET 2009

Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> Is it possible that the list mod or admin password got out?  I believe
> than anyone can post to a moderated list by putting an "Approved:
> <password>" header or pseudo-header in a post.

I'm on one of the lists that accepted the message (which is how it came
to my attention) and I just rechecked the message header and didn't see
anything resembling that...  would mailman remove it from the header for
final delivery to the list members?  Regardless, I'll see to getting
passwords changed, thanks.
--
Steve Lindemann                         __
Network Administrator                  //\\  ASCII Ribbon Campaign