[Mailman-Users] Gathering additional iniformation at signup

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Sun Jan 18 20:28:57 CET 2009

On Sat, Jan 17, 2009 at 03:25:48PM -0700, Walter wrote:
> I have just started using Mailman and wish to add fields (user title,
> organization) that must be filled out upon subscription and available
> to the list moderator for approval.  I can easily change the
> subscription form, adding these fields, but where do I go to modify
> the approval process to display them?  I looked thru the archives and
> I'm guessing that I have to customize something in the admin pages,

> but where do I begin?  Thanks.

Setting your MUA to line-wrap would be nice.

For all of what you're after, I'd be inclined to take the (extra) data,
and shove it in a database somewhere. (Use something (perl, php, python,
ruby...) to display the data to authenticated users, via their web
browser(s).)

In one set-up, I'm completely by-passing Mailman's web subscription, and
handling subscriptions via some perl, MySQL, and the listname-subscribe
part; it works quite well for us.

--
``DO YOU HAVE A PARTNER?
  By partner we mean someone you habitually lie to, apart from us.''