[Mailman-Users] max_message_size & scrubbing

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Jan 15 07:33:56 CET 2009

Rich Winkel wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 11:15:10PM -0600, Rich Winkel wrote:
>> Is the max_message_size test applied before or after attachment
>> scrubbing?
>
>It seems the answer is "before" which seems kinda pointless.
>Is there a way to do this test after the attachments are scrubbed?
>
>Also the attachment (named "memo.pdf") was saved with extension ".obj"
>which I guess was a result of the generic mime-type (octet-stream).  Maybe
>if the mime-type is octet-stream the extension should be copied
>from the filename?

If you want to use the extension from the file name, set

SCRUBBER_USE_ATTACHMENT_FILENAME_EXTENSION = True

in mm_cfg.py. You may also be interested in the
SCRUBBER_DONT_USE_ATTACHMENT_FILENAME setting. See the comments about
both these in Defaults.py.

If you have set the list's scrub_nondigest setting to Yes and you want
the message scrubbed before checking for too big (and other
miscellaneous holds), see the post at
<http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2008-December/064541.html>
except the handler you want to move in the pipeline is 'Scrubber'
instead of (or in addition to) 'MimeDel'.