[Mailman-Users] Unknown encoding error

Khosrow Ebrahimpour khosrow.ebrahimpour at ec.gc.ca
Thu Jan 8 23:23:38 CET 2009

On 6 January 2009 11:36, Mark Sapiro wrote:

> You need to edit the lists/LISTNAME/digest.mbox. You can edit it by hand
> or with an MUA like mutt for example.

Thank you Mark. That solution worked perfectly. I modified the digest.mbox and
changed only the offending attachment content-types. After running "unshunt"
everything behaved nicely.

A more general question. Has this issue been fixed in subsequent releases of
mailman? We are running 2.1.5 on Sarge at the moment. I suspect that we will
be seeing this error occasionally, although I'm surprised it hasn't been an
issue so far.

Cheers,
Khosrow