[Mailman-Users] mailman mailing list members limit?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Mon Jan 5 02:34:23 CET 2009

on 1/3/09 12:41 PM, abcloans05 at yahoo.com said:

> I'd like to know if there's a limit on how many members I can have?

See FAQ 1.15 in the Mailman FAQ Wiki at
<http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4030518>.

> I have around 2,400 members and when I send an e-mail only few get it.

That sounds like a different problem.  My first guess would be that your
provider puts a limit on how many messages you can send per hour or per
day, and that is affecting your mailing lists.  In that case, you would
need to talk to your provider and get them to raise or remove that
limit, although doing so might require that you get an upgrade to a more
expensive type of account.  Alternately, you may be able to find another
provider that is more accomodating.

There is a more detailed set of debugging steps outlined in FAQ 4.78 in
the Mailman FAQ Wiki at <http://wiki.list.org/x/A4E9>.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out