[Mailman-Users] The economics of spam

Jan Steinman Jan at Bytesmiths.com
Mon Jan 5 00:56:42 CET 2009

> From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk at gsp.org>
>
> On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 02:52:21PM -0800, Jan Steinman wrote:
>> No, it is based upon the idea that a system could be implemented
>> whereby
>> it would be impossible to avoid the payment.
>
> This idiotic idea... the wishful thinking of clueless newbies... one
> of the very stupidest anti-spam ideas... debunking of this nonsense...

Is it really necessary to take this arrogant and abusive tone?

If you are trying to convince others of your position, I fear the only
thing you're convincing me of is your close-mindedness and utter
unwillingness to consider different ways of thinking, and I'm afraid I
tend to write off everything such people say.

If you don't really care about convincing others of your position, why
not just sit on your hands and let us "clueless newbies" (at least one
of whom has been doing UNIX sysadmin and SMTP and TCP/IP programming
for 30 years) make fools of ourselves?

You haven't really explained anything -- just called people names.

:::: Freedom of the commons brings ruin to all. -- Garrett Hardin ::::
:::: Jan Steinman (a fossil-fuel free zone!) <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com