[Mailman-Users] Warnings from senddigests

Jesper Dybdal jd-mailman-users at dybdal.dk
Sun Jan 4 18:38:48 CET 2009

On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 08:43:31 -0800, Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> wrote:

>It is still not clear to me if this will also fix the
>
>>List: jdtest: problem processing /home/mailman/lists/jdtest/digest.mbox:
>>iso-8859-15
>
>issue. It may or may not. You can try running
>
> cron/senddigests -l jdtest
>
>manually as the mailman user to see if it's fixed.

Sorry - I forgot to mention that I had run senddigests (exactly as cron
does - there are as yet no real users of any list, so testing is easy):
it gave no warnings and it did send a digest to a subscriber that I had
set to receive digests.

The only strange thing I now notice is that even if the digest consists
of messages that were all originally in iso-8859-1 encoding, the digest
is in usascii, with question marks substituted for non-usascii
characters.  Is it necessary to use MIME digests in order to get
non-usascii characters correct?

Otherwise, everything seems to be fine.

Again, thanks for your help.  (I don't quite understand how I've been
able to overlook the error messages from the original failing pythonlib
installation attempt, but I must obviously somehow have overlooked
them.)
--
Jesper Dybdal, Denmark.
http://www.dybdal.dk (in Danish).