[Mailman-Users] Patch for use of Postfix VERP support

Jesper Dybdal jd-mailman-users at dybdal.dk
Sat Jan 3 18:29:06 CET 2009

[My apologies to Fil for first sending this to him only - it was
intended for the list]

On Sat, 3 Jan 2009 16:29:19 +0100, Fil <fil at rezo.net> wrote:

>One thing to note: local addresses such as mine (fil at rezo.net is
>defined in /etc/postfix/virtual as an alias for recifs at gmail.com) will
>be VERPed to test-bounces+recifs=gmail.com and not
>test-bounces+fil=rezo.net

Yes.  I have discussed this on the Postfix-users mailing list during the
past week, and it sounds as if that will be corrected at some time.
Until it is changed in Postfix, it can be a problem if a local address
bounces, because Mailman will probably not be able to determine which
subscriber it was that bounced - but fortunately, local addresses do not
bounce very often.

>So I now guess we have the README file ready. Will you give it an
>official home and link it from the patch file?

I am afraid there is nothing "official" about any home I can give to
anything.
--
Jesper Dybdal, Denmark.
http://www.dybdal.dk (in Danish).