[Mailman-Users] Warnings from senddigests

Jesper Dybdal jd-mailman-users at dybdal.dk
Sat Jan 3 00:51:33 CET 2009

I've just installed Mailman version 2.1.11.

In general, it works fine.

Whenever my mailman cron job runs senddigests, I get the following
warnings (on stdout or stderr, mailed to me by cron):

>/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py:192: DeprecationWarning: get_type() deprecated; use get_content_type()
>  ctype = part.get_type(part.get_default_type())
>/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py:303: DeprecationWarning: get_type() deprecated; use get_content_type()
>  ctype = part.get_type()
>List: jdtest: problem processing /home/mailman/lists/jdtest/digest.mbox:
>iso-8859-15

The first two sounds like very minor problems in Scrubber.py.

I wonder about the last one.  My test list does have messages in ISO
8815-15 (that is the character set my mail client uses for a message
containing the Euro sign - at least if it also contains the Danish
non-usascii letters).

I currently have to digest subscribers, so I don't know if this a real
problem.  Does Mailman perhaps simply not support ISO 8859-15?
--
Jesper Dybdal, Denmark.
http://www.dybdal.dk (in Danish).