[Mailman-Users] Why host_name and not domain?

Oliver Glück glueck at igroup.de
Sat Feb 28 14:40:10 CET 2009

Hi,

it is terrible.
And every pages are in English and my English is not good. :-(

I can't understand about VIRTUAL_HOSTS and add_virtualhost.

Now, I can reach the listinfo-page, but I can't create a list, because I get
the
error 'unknown virtual host: short-servername'

Hint: mailman installed with defaults: ./configure, make..

In my mm_cfg.py now:
---snip---
MTA = 'Postfix'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'short-servername.intern.company.de'
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'company.com'
VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear ()
add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST , DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST )
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['company.com', 'company.de']
---snap---
With this entries I can see the listinfo but not create -> unknown virtual
host...

I have tried in mm.., added:
VIRTUAL_HOSTS = { 'www.company.com': 'company.com', 'www.company.de':
'company.de' }
But I get an syntax error, marker at '}'

How looks a functional configuration? With:
Mailserver = mailmanserver :  name.intern.company.de
Maildomain = company.com , company.de and the local domain intern.company.de
because the server is in
this domain
I don't need to reach the mailman-web from the internet! Only from the
intranet (LAN)
But mails from the mailman to members have to show 'list at company.com'  and
no other links,
because they don't have to reach the internal server from the internet.
has not to work! It will not be forwarded!)

Oh yeah, sorry.