[Mailman-Users] mailman installation and domains - confused

Oliver Glueck glueck at igroup.de
Tue Feb 24 15:35:03 CET 2009

Hello,

at first: sorry for my bad English, German is my preferred language and
I'm not a
Linux guru.

I'm not sure about my malman installation.
I will show at first some facts:

- LAN: our LAN domain is "intern.company.de"
- the mail server in the LAN:  mail.intern.company.de
- on mail.intern.company.de is running open xchange on an UCS (unvention
corporate server, a debian)

- our external domain is:  company.com  -> an email address is
<name>@company.com
  and .. at company.de on the same server.

- the internal open xchange has so three mail domains :
intern.company.de, company.com and company.de
- fetchmail is polling the emails from the external mail server

- mailman is installed on the open xchange server 'mail.intern.company.de'

My first mailing list is  (after mailman) 'about-dummy'.
And /etc/postfix/virtual contains:
about-dummy at company.com   about-dummy
about-dummy at company.de      about-dummy
about-dummy at intern.company.de   about-dummy

My first try to receive an email from an external address to this list
is failed, because
I have to add 'about-dummy at localhost'  in  virtual. After this entry,
the email
was received.
But why .. at localhost? I saw this in the log file, unknown mailbox
about-dummy at localhost.

For mailman I have no Idea about virtual_alias or virtual domains.
Only these two lines
 IMAGE_LOGOS = '/icons/'
 MTA = 'Postfix'
I have added to mm_cfg.py. Is this ok?

And in postfix?
Here a short cutout from main.cf:
---snip---
myhostname = mail.intern.company.de
mydomain = intern.company.de
myorigin = /etc/mailname
smtp_helo_name = mail.intern.company.de
append_dot_mydomain = no
masquerade_domains = $mydomain
masquerade_exceptions = root
transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/transport, ldap:ldaptransport
mydestination = $myhostname.$mydomain, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain,
localhost, $transport_maps
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
relay_domains = $mydestination
relayhost = www.company.de
canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical
virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual, ldap:ldapgroups,
ldap:ldapdistlist, ldap:ldapvirtual, ldap:ldapsharedfolderlocal
relocated_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relocated
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases,hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
---snap--- and many LDAP entries from the open xchange installation.

Is main.cf ok?
I'm not sure.
How looks the right configuration files?

Many thanks and greeting
Oliver from Germany