[Mailman-Users] spam issues

Brian Carpenter brian at emwd.com
Thu Feb 19 16:56:53 CET 2009

 -----Original Message-----

There also has seems to be a change in Yahoo's policy regarding whitelisting
ISP servers. I have been able to get several servers easily whitelisted with
them recently. Before the process took months, now they are getting back to
me in less than 24 hours saying my servers have been whitelisted and I have
confirmed that. Getting whitelisted with Yahoo may prevent your messages
from landing in the bulk mail folder of Yahoo's mail users.

Here is the form that Yahoo had me use in case anyone is interested:

We are providing the following information for your future reference.
Please submit add/change information in the following format per
dedicated IP Address/Client:

Examples:

Remove:

   IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
   Server Domain Name: server_name.domain.com

Add the following addresses and companies:

   IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
   Mail Server Domain Name: server_name.domain.com
   Client Company Name: company_name
   Client Company URL: www.web_domain_name

Notes: dedicated client/domain server, Company billing server, request
probation monitoring Spam/feedback

Please include administrator information with each request:

   Your name:
   Title:
   Whitelisted Company Name:
   Contact Email: postmaster at example.net

Please send information to:

   mail-abuse-bulk at cc.yahoo-inc.com

For assistance with delivery issues to Yahoo! Mail, please visit:

   http://postmaster.yahoo.com/

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Brian
EMWD.com -  'Powered by Techies'
Blog.emwd.com - "Curious comments from a web hosting techie"