[Mailman-Users] Tracing a disappearing 'post'

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Feb 18 17:00:00 CET 2009

Bernie Cosell wrote:

> At the moment, I can't *find* the vette log..:o).  I see the calls in the
> code to syslog('vette',...) and from what I can tell the syslog is
> running -- the sysadmin tells me that it is running rsyslog with the
> simple rule:
>    *.*    @MAINLOGSYSTEM
> and other logging from that system seems to work, but I can't find any
> mailman stuff...   Still looking..:o)

It's not sent to the syslog you and I would recognize.  It's using the
internal Python routine to log that data directly to a file.

Look in /usr/local/mailman/logs, or /var/mailman/logs, or wherever your
platform puts them.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out