[Mailman-Users] A few configuration questions

Jeff Grossman jeffg at turners.com
Thu Feb 12 15:22:40 CET 2009

I just moved over to Mailman from a program called LetterRip Pro on the
Macintosh.  The main reason I moved over was because of the poor bounce
management in LetterRip.  I have a few questions about setup and usage
that I am hoping somebody can help me out with.  I am running 5
announcement/newsletter style lists.  Moderation is turned on because I
don't want anybody to send posts to the lists except for a few people in
my company.  The lists names are:

Fishads

Fishads-Text

Huntads

Huntads-Text

News

1.      The Fishads and Fishads-Text are identical lists except one is
sent using HTML and the other is sent in plain text.  There is really no
reason for a user to be subscribed to both lists.  Is it possible for me
to set up Mailman so an e-mail address can only be on one of these lists
and not both?

2.      Sometimes I want to send a post to all of the e-mail addresses
in our lists, but I don't want users to get duplicate messages if they
are on multiple lists.  Is there a way to send a post to all of the
unique e-mail addresses between all of the lists?

I was sure I had 3 questions, but I can't remember the last one.  I
guess that will be for another e-mail.

Thanks for any help you can offer me.