[Mailman-Users] bounce-events-xxxx.pck filling up quickly my disk

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Feb 11 17:37:19 CET 2009

Gerardo Herzig wrote:

>Hi all. As my server is getting bocked in hotmail and yahoo, the pickled
>file bounce-events grows mega-fast and quickly fills-up the partition.
>Can Mailman be configured to "stop writing after some size", or will i
>have to doit with some sort of Linux quota system?

There should never be more than 2 bounce-events-xxxx.pck files, one
where xxxx is the PID of BounceRunner and another where xxxx is the
PID of OutgoingRunner. Any other such files are orphans and can be
removed.

The BounceRunner file queues received DSNs. The OutgoingRunner file
queues outgoing SMTP rejects.

Further, if everything is working as it should be the queued bounces
should be processed and the file removed at intervals determined by
the Defaults.py/mm_cfg.py setting REGISTER_BOUNCES_EVERY which
defaults to 15 minutes.

So what specifically is going wrong in your case?