[Mailman-Users] Subscription requests with no -subscribe alias

Bernie Cosell bernie at fantasyfarm.com
Tue Feb 10 01:30:04 CET 2009

I've removed the -subscribe alias for one of my lists.  So there's just
no way to get a message to mailman with 'subscribe LIST' on the command
line.  But nonetheless, I just got a message from mailman:

    Your authorization is required for a mailing list subscription
    request approval:  ...

How does that happen?  Is there some way to make a subscription request
happen that doesn't involve using a -subscribe alias?  [obviously yes,
but I don't know what it is..:o)]

  /Bernie\

mailto:bernie at fantasyfarm.com     Pearisburg, VA