[Mailman-Users] Removing Email Address From Archives

shustak mail_python_org.shustak at neverbox.com
Sat Feb 7 08:01:27 CET 2009

I would like to either remove the posters email address from the
archives or replace it with the text "reply".

So far my investigation of how to achieve this kind of email address
removal resulted in the following : http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg46398.html

> There is no option or setting to do this. You would have to modify the
> code in Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py.

Is this still the case? If editing this file is the best way to go
about this, has someone release a patch?

I also considered using hypermail or Mhonarc mail archivers rather
than pipermail. However, I only managed to change the domain part of
the address to "xxxxxxxxxxxxxx".

If anyone is able to point me to a tutorial or any other resources
regarding setting up an archive which will not contain the poster
email address, that would be most helpful.

PS : I am new to configuring a mailman.