[Mailman-Users] Linux Preferred?

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Fri Feb 6 15:23:44 CET 2009

On Jan 28, 2009, at 1:13 AM, Brad Knowles wrote:

> On another site I help administer, FreeBSD works just fine.  But
> again, I run the version from our source and not the "ports" version.

I have found that using the FreeBSD ports system installation of
Mailman is just fine.  When I first started there was a minor problem
with postfix integration, but I sent of a note to the package
maintainer and the problem was fixed very quickly.  Anyway, the
maintainer of the FreeBSD "port" for mailman is very good.

It's been a while since I administered mailman on Redhat and SuSE.
But I recall that in those cases I didn't use rpms, but just installed
from the original source.

-j