[Mailman-Users] Mailing list servers ..

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Tue Feb 3 20:55:21 CET 2009

Fil wrote:

> Spam apart, does such a service exist?  A mail relay that works with
> major email providers to have the best delivery rates?

If you sign up for service with a company like ReturnPath, they have a whole
list of guidelines that you need to follow in order to be on their
SenderScoreCertified list.  They also have partnerships with a number of
large providers, so that anyone on the SenderScoreCertified list gets a big
improvement in their "spam" score, and thus you are much more likely to be
able to get through the spam filters to the recipients.

People can still complain about you, you continue to use the existing
services that you already have, and there aren't any guarantees as to how
many people you will be able to reach.  However, you will need to stay on
your toes to keep your lists ultra-clean, otherwise you will have more
problems than you know what to do with.

Any e-mail service provider that claims to give you guarantees of
deliverability, etc... are just blowing smoke up your ... nether regions.
That's a get-rich-quick scheme of the spammers.

--
Brad Knowles
<brad at shub-internet.org>        If you like Jazz/R&B guitar, check out