[Mailman-Users] Disallowing Posts

Grant Taylor gtaylor at riverviewtech.net
Tue Feb 3 16:43:23 CET 2009

On 02/02/09 07:54, Tim Ferguson wrote:
> Although I could quite possibly overlooked it, is there a way to make
> a list to where only one person, say the moderator(s), list admin or
> site admin and post anything to the list?  We like to set up a list
> for parents to sign up for to receive special notices from school but
> that they can not reply to OR actually send posts to themselves?
>  Seems as though I've located an option pretty well for everything
> else except a "receive-only" mode, but then I'm known to not be able
> to see the trees for the forest, etc.

Yes what you are wanting to do can be done.  I believe Stephen has
already answered as to the "How".

However I would recommend that /not/ configure your mailing list so that
""parents (subscribers) reply back to them selves.  Rather I would
strongly suggest that you send replies back to a public positional
address (info@ / parents@ / pta@ / etc.) that is used for general
contact at the school.  That way ""parents (subscribers) can
conveniently reply and have their replies directed somewhere that is
capable of correctly handling their reply.  I have found this to be a
good P.R. move for the clients that I have set it up for.

Grant. . . .