[Mailman-Users] Increasing the Speed of Email Delivery

Derrick Wooden derrickwooden at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 20:12:41 CET 2009

I'm well aware that SMTP doesn't mean instant.

I'm just looking at a solution that can cut 1E6 emails being delivered in 12
hours down to say 4 hours.  With a fast server, correct MTA optimization and
proper Mailman setup could this be attainable?

The Barack Obama email campaign used Postfix for their MTA and PHP Mailer to
deliver their newsletters.

I'm using a package install of Mailman along with Exim through cPanel.  I
now know that this setup is not optimal and needs lots of tweaking.  I'm
looking into VERP also based on helpful information in the FAQs.