[Mailman-Users] Site administrative broadcast to all lists and alllist members - server wide

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Dec 22 01:43:50 CET 2009

Brandon Rodak writes:

 > members) at one time.  I have 60 + distinct/unique lists and would not want
 > to send the same message sixty times if I did not have to - Any ideas?

Make an umbrella list, ie, the subscribers are the 60+ lists.
Optionally add the LIST-owner addresses.  Set it up as announce-only.

The main glitch here is that the umbrella list will probably clean out
the Urgent header since it contains a password, and the 60+ lists will
deliver the message as usual (including digest processing if the users
have that enabled.  Fixing this (if I am correct) would probably
require customizing the Mailman code a bit.