[Mailman-Users] Searching across lists and making global changes

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Thu Dec 17 17:44:37 CET 2009

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 04:36:14PM -0500, Brian Luria wrote:
> Have multiple mailing lists under one domain
>
> Is there any way to search across all lists for a certain member

find_member if you've got shell access

> and make a global change to their email or name?

I tend to see how many entries there are, if it's one or two, i'll do
it manually; clone_member is a dandy tool for where there are quite a
few.

Both of those just work on the email address; for the name, make the
person handle that via /options, and instruct them to set the 'set
globally' option.

--
``novissima autem inimica destruetur mors omnia enim
  subiecit sub pedibus eius cum autem dicat''