[Mailman-Users] Member unable to post to list

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Thu Dec 10 02:07:50 CET 2009

TomSherlock wrote:

>Mark Sapiro-3 wrote:
>>
>> TomSherlock wrote:
>>>
>>>With Mailman version 2.1.11.cp3 I received the following message for a
>>>message posted by a member of the list:
>>>
>>>"Post by non-member to a members-only list"
>>>
>>>Any ideas?
>>

>> The address the poster sent the message from was not identical (except
>> for case) to the poster's subscribed address. E.g. user at example.com
>> vs. user at mail.example.com or user at gmail.com vs. user at googlemail.com.
>>

>This may or may not be the case.  The post was sent from
>subscribed-user at example.com.  This e-mail address
>
>However, I did sent the e-mail out of the webmail account of
>me at my-personal-domain.com, which allows me to change the value of the FROM

In standard GNU Mailman with defaults as shipped, a post is considered
to be from a member if any of the From: header, the envelope sender,
the Reply-To: header if any or the Sender: header contains a member
address.

If that's not what's happening in your case, see the Mailman cPanel FAQ
at <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9> and/or contact whoever hosts your
Mailman.