[Mailman-Users] name change

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Wed Dec 9 16:23:11 CET 2009

Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Loretta G. Kepler wrote:
>> How do I change my name on my e-mails?  My name went from Loretta G.
>> Kepler to Loretta Guglielmino.  I am currently using my maiden mane.
>> thanks Lori
> I don't think this is a mailman question. I think you are asking how to
> change your name in your mail client (Evolution 2.22.3.1). There is
> some options or preferences setting to do this.

Well, it *could* be a mailman question.  You can change your real name
in your list options page (e.g.
http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users for this list).
Changing your name in mailman will change which name administrators see
when they look at your subscription, and the name you see when you log
in to edit your mailman options.

However, this has no impact on what name will show up in the mails you
send to the list or elsewhere. As Mark said, you'll need to change that
in your mail client.

  Terri